
Yesterday Daddy took me to Atlanta to see Jay. It's amazing, we actually talk non-stop, and if I nod off and go to sleep, (because the night before Mom spends the night and we stay up until almost 2 a.m. talking) as soon as he sees me wake back up he just starts talking all over again. It makes me laugh. I was never close to my Dad when I was little. He worked, I did the kid thing. Then when we moved south I just wanted to make him miserable, the sad thing, he already was. Then I thought I fell in love, although warned against it over and over by so many people- again, I disappointed my Dad. Just putting more and more space between us. Now, I have that relationship with me Dad I've always longed for. I can call and even tell him when I mess up. (It takes some encouragement from Mom, but I end up calling) He listens. He talks. He helps. He advices. He laughs. I love it. I love him, and thankfully he forgives. I know he'll never forget the Hell I literally put him through, but I finally KNOW my Daddy loves me! Now, Jay- he was AWESOME, AMAZING, HAPPY, INTERACTIVE, LAUGHING...the list goes on. I couldn't have been happier with his progress. He even learned how to play chess, so he was telling his Granny Bob all about it! Left me speechless. I'll go back later this month for a 'Community Meal' where I'll get to eat with him and visit for a longer period of time. The girls and hopefully my sister will be going too, which is going to be AWESOME!
Well, another day coming to an end. Something doesn't feel right, and it hasn't. I keep talking to my doctors about it, but they insist all is fine. Maybe it's the weight? Have you ever felt guilty about something that you hold the absolute control of? I mean, I am the only one that can change it, yet I still do it. I have my closet and dresser divided into outfits I can wear, and outfits that are too small. But they are all like new, I refuse to part with them, and pray I get back to that size and lower. I pray God gives me the strength to see this commitment through and helps me get on the road to eating healthy and exercising like I should. I have to be here for my kids, my grandkids and all of their milestones through life. I refuse to miss any of it- so that leaves one answer... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
I was suppose to go help my friend paint today. Have you ever had that feeling that something just isn't right? I don't know if it's still from not feeling good yesterday, I've caught a little bug, or what- but I can't shake it. I just don't feel right. I can't explain it anymore then that, it's just strange. I feel so bad for not going. She was really counting on me too. I have to admit though, I am also worried about money and my car. I've noticed an oil leak again. Worse then before, I just need to stay close to home I think. I should have ridden with her! Shoot-
Well, that's all for now.
"If you fall seven times, stand up eight!" - chinese proverb
2 comments:
Your father has always loved you, you just butted head alot. Could it be cause you were so much alike?
You better call McCracken in the morning and get in there and have things checked out. Tell him to do an EKG, a stress test, something. Go to GSU and walk around, take the girls, take Cassie, just go over there and walk. Or, go to the park, you have a BEAUTIFUL park with a great walking path. Go use it, all of you, it'll do those 2 girls good too, to get out and move a little. And I know for a FACT that the dang dog needs exercise! I have the bruise on my wrist to prove it. She wants to move! GO!
Don't scare your Mother any more, I DO NOT WANT TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN!
I love you,
Your Diet Buddy!
Your Mom found this for me so I could see the picture and then I went ahead and read this. I was there, so I knew it all, but I do like the picture.
Love,
DAD
Post a Comment